NEW HOSPICE CARE CENTER
Another Avenue for Uplifting the Lives of Patients and Their Families
Hospice of St. Francis held a Ground Breaking Ceremony for a new 12-bed Hospice Care Center. The Care Center will be located on the grounds of the corporate office at 1250 Grumman Place, Titusville, FL 32780.
Emilie Sasko, RN, the founder of Hospice of St. Francis, was in attendance at the Ground Breaking Ceremony. She spoke about her journey to founding Hospice of St. Francis and where the organization was when she retired.
Bruce Wolters, President/CEO, reflected on his memory of Ms. Sasko, while serving as a member of the board of directors, “At every board meeting she would ask, when are we going to build a hospice care center? Some 35 years later, we can tell her, we are building it now.”
The Hospice Care Center will be:
- A 15,000 square foot facility that will provide short-term acute symptom management for hospice patients – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Each of the 12-bed suites will provide adequate space for family members to visit and will be complete with a private 10 x 10 porch.
- Two of the suites will be for isolation, and one will be equipped for bariatric care.
- The grounds will have a landscaped path with benches and a butterfly garden.
- The care center building will include a chapel, a playroom for children and a kitchenette for the families.
Hospice of St. Francis sought a Certificate of Need from the State of Florida late in 2011 and received notice of approval in February 2012. The Hospice Care Center will be the only facility of its type in North Brevard.
The Care Center project will have a $4.2 million impact on Brevard County’s economy and create 24 new jobs. Completion of the Care Center is expected to be in the Fall 2013.