EDWARD M. POE HOSPICE CARE CENTER
“The house that love built.”
That’s what one of our Hospice of St. Francis team members calls our 12-bed inpatient care center. Because that’s exactly what it is.
Most of us would prefer to receive end-of-life care in our home or wherever we call home, but that isn’t always possible. Brevard County residents now have a place where difficult symptoms are managed in a home-like atmosphere. Our care center provides patients with acute-symptom management and their families with the support they need.
Hospice of St. Francis’ Edward M. Poe Hospice Care Center accepted the first patient in March 2014. The Care Center is located at 1240 Grumman Place, Titusville, FL 32780. The Care Center is a 12-suite full service hospice care facility, with the following features:
- A 15,000 square foot facility that provides short-term acute symptom management for hospice patients – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Each of the 12 suites provides adequate space for family members to visit and be complete with a private 10 x 10 porch.
- Two of the suites are for isolation, and one is equipped for bariatric care.
- The grounds have a landscaped path.
- The care center building includes a chapel, a playroom for children and a kitchenette for the families.
Our inpatient care services include:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Physician visits
- Gentle personal care given by expert hospice aides
- Complex grief support
- Supportive spiritual care
- Volunteer assistance
Hospice of St. Francis sought a Certificate of Need from the State of Florida in late 2011 and received notice of approval in February 2012. The Hospice Care Center is the only
facility of its type in North Brevard and is conveniently located just off of I-95.
Emilie Sasko, RN, the founder of Hospice of St. Francis, was in attendance at the Ground Breaking Ceremony in November 2013. She passed away in our care in early 2014, but she had the opportunity to see her dream for our organization come to fruition.