A little TLC goes a long way…
Hold a hand. Give a smile. Provide a caregiver with a much needed break. Sing, sew, read aloud, or listen with compassion. There are many ways you can uplift the lives of patients and their families. Hospice of St. Francis invites you to utilize your skills, talents and caring abilities to serve those who are facing end-of-life issues. There are many ways you can help.
Volunteer Training & Education
- To prepare volunteers for Hospice work, we provide excellent training and education, a resource manual and ongoing support and supervision. Your training will depend on the role you and the coordinator choose for you based on your skills, interests and abilities.
- To get started as a Hospice Volunteer, register for Hospice 101, a three-hour training that provides an overview of the Hospice philosophy, services and the history of Hospice of St. Francis. You will learn about the roles of volunteers in hospice and how to become involved.
- To continue, you and the coordinator will choose the role that best suits you and you will attend additional training to further prepare you for that role. In addition, all volunteers will complete fingerprinting and the application process.
Here’s what a few volunteers said about their volunteer work with Hospice of St. Francis:
- “Volunteering with HOSF means being able to touch another person’s life by giving of myself freely. I am far more blessed than the patients that I visit. I have a chance to be there for them at such a critical stage of their lives and hopefully putting a smile on their face.” -S.N.
- “For me it’s the most worthwhile thing I’ve done. I enjoy working with HOSF as an organization - the people are wonderful. I enjoy getting to know the patients. It’s a privilege to be invited into people’s homes. It’s such a difficult time for them and it’s an honor that they trust me with their privacy and with their loved ones.” -P.C.
- “My work with HOSF has been so rewarding the patients do more for me than I could ever do for them.” -N.E.
Our volunteer Coordinators are happy to talk with you about how you can help!
For more information, or to register for Hospice 101, please call 866-269-4240.